Register to Become Part of Major Turbulence!
Our DRD Skaters can explain the junior derby program, fees and registration packets, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help. Please bring a copy of the skater’s birth certificate to their first practice. As well, you will need to bring skates, pads and a mouth guard. We do have some used pads available to borrow. We will assess your skater’s skating level during recruitment. We hope every one can come and join us!
If you have and question please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Major Turbulence is a co-ed junior flat-track roller derby program run by Denver Roller Derby. It is open to all youth age 6 – 17. These young skaters are the future of DRD and of roller derby worldwide. Our league is proud to help develop the next generation of roller derby athletes!
Major Turbulence encourages and enriches young skaters by developing character, confidence, leadership, and social skills. The program also develops the athletic skills of its participants through fine tuning athletic abilities and/or discovering latent skills.
Age Groups & Requirements
- All skaters shall be 6 years or older on or before the start of his/her participation.
- All skaters shall be 17 or younger at the start of the season.
- Skaters are divided into two age groups: 6-12 and 13-17.
Practice & Scrimmage Information
- Practices are held at the Glitterdome (3600 Wynkoop St Unit A3 Denver, CO 80216) every Thursday from 5 to 6:30pm and Saturdays during the season.
- The first session, for level 1 skaters starts at 10am. Access to the practice space will begin at 9:30am on practice days and parents are expected to pick up their children no later than 30 minutes after their session ends.
- The second session, for level 2 & 3 skaters starts at 11am. Skaters may be dropped off after 10:30am and parents are expected to pick up their children no later than 12:30pm.
- A once per quarter scrimmage is typically held at the end of the season, either at The Glitterdome or another local league’s facility.
Registration Fee, Dues, and Insurance Coverage
- Each skater is required to pay a $40 annual insurance fee, which can cover through the end of the calendar year once WFTDA waiver is completed and fee paid. Skaters are REQUIRED to have their own primary insurance.
- Skaters Dues can be paid monthly or quarterly at a discounted rate. The cost for Littles is $20 per month. The cost for Middles and Seniors is $30 per month.
- If a skater is offered the opportunity to scrimmage during a DRD bout or any other prospective events all spectators/parents may be charged admission to the event.
- Checks for insurance and dues can all be made out to Denver Roller Dolls. Cash, check, and Venmo are the acceptable forms of payment at this time.
Skates & Safety Equipment
- Skates will be available to use at the Glitterdome. These are old “brownies” and may not be desirable to skate on for an entire season or for bouts. Once skaters have become dedicated to the sport, participants are encouraged to purchase their own skates. The Denver Roller Dolls have deals with a number of local stores for discounted equipment. Please talk to a trainer for more information.
- Required safety gear includes a helmet, mouth guard, knee and elbow pads, and wrist guards.
- DRD junior league has safety gear (except mouth guards) to borrow at the Glitterdome. Participants in the league need to own ALL required safety gear by the 4th week of participation.
- Each participant must have his/her own mouth guard AT EVERY PRACTICE or they WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE.
Get Started Now – Registration Forms and information